Next on our Page to Page interview series is Sai Johnson! Here’s Sai’s interview:
A Little on the Personal Side:
- What types of books do you read? To me books are the essence of life. Limiting myself to reading any type, or to a specific genre is a disservice, in my opinion, but for the sake of the question I will say I tend to read a lot of paranormal, or supernatural romances.
- Do you have a favorite place to write? Not really because I write when inspiration, or an idea strikes me. I keep notebooks on hand, and have even been known to pen a poem on a napkin at times. I write wherever, whenever, and however possible.
- If you weren’t an author what would you be? I would probably be a Spanish translator, or an elementary school teacher because I have worked as a translator in the past. I have ten years experience, and am very fluent with the language. As for teaching I have a love of helping others, and especially children with disabilities.
A Little on the Professional Side:
- Where do you draw inspiration from? Everywhere, and I mean that by every definition of the word. I can be sitting on my porch watching traffic go by, or spot an airplane in the sky, and be inspired to write a story. Inspiration comes to me at the moments I least expect it, and often in the most bizarre ways.
- Has there been a character that has “written itself”? Who? Yes there has been, and her name is Kaira von Masoch.
- What did it feel like to sell your first book? Do you remember where you were when you found out you had sold a book? Selling my first book was a complete dream come true, and I was ecstatic. I actually do remember where I was because I came running out of my bedroom to tell my husband, and his friend during the middle of them playing an Xbox game. Both of them were stunned because I was so happy I squealed in delight. It was a great experience.
A Little Quick Fire:
*When it comes to books*
Good guys or bad guys? Good guys with a bad side.
Fiction or Non-fiction? Both honestly. Apart from my book writing I actually write articles for several blogs that deal with the world scope, and even politics sometimes.
Handwritten or PC typed? Do I have to pick one? Generally PC typed, but sometimes I write by hand when nothing else is available.
Cozy Nook or Outdoors Oasis? Cozy Nook.
Happily Ever After or Nail-biter? I read, and write both. It really just depends on the story structure, and inspiration source.
Writing or Reading? Again both. My love of writing stemmed from a love of reading first.
*When it comes to you*
Ice Cream or Cake? Ice cream.
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
Coffee or Tea? Tea.
Dress up or Dress down? Depends on my mood, and what I am doing. Mostly dress down, but on occasion I like to doll up.
Barefoot or shoes? Barefoot.
Cook or Order out? Order out.
Book titles and corresponding sell links: