Today on Page to Page Promo Author Interview we welcome Lisa Odom! Thanks for stopping by Lisa.
A Little on the Personal Side:
- What three things do you think your readers would be surprised to know about you? That an Author was not something I ever even dreamed of being. That I love to laugh, although people don’t usually get my dry sense of humor. And people would probably to be really surprised to know that I don’t have any inflated expectations about this project. I just had a story in me, I felt it was a good story and I wanted to share it. And I am truly humbled by this opportunity and experience.
- What do you love most about writing? I love the fact that as the creator of a story there is challenge which lies in me creating a character that is going to “wow” people, and the fact that someone is going to read this and could possibly relate to and connect with that character, to me is just awesome. Writing allows me to really dig deep into my creative thinking vault. What do you not like? I don’t like when my creative flow is interrupted sometimes for days.
- When you are not writing where can you be found? Taking care of business for my ecommerce store Poetry Pillows & Artistic Creations. www.ppacreations.com, where we sell beautiful works of art on pillows. I hope you all get a chance to check it out.
A Little on the Professional Side:
- Where do you draw your inspiration from? For me I truly believe you can draw inspiration from anything around you, I have a blog on facebook, it’s called Lisa’s Blog or Brave attempt to blog, and I was talking to a friend one day, and she said something that immediately inspired me, to write in my blog. So I tend to use all resources available to me to inspire me. A friend, a stranger, a movie, a song, anything around me, I view as inspiration.
- Has there been a character that has “written itself”? Yes. Who? I feel like Kara did. She was really easy to write, as a matter of fact when I first began this project and had to think of character names. Kara was the very first name that came to mind, I don’t know a Kara, but Kara it was, and even though I’ve gone back and changed a few names , and as the story developed I found that they didn’t fit. However Kara always felt right to me so I never changed her.
- What is your thought on eBooks being the new way to read? For me I still prefer a good old fashion book, when I got a Nook for Christmas one year, I thought,” oh how cool, to be able to read off of this device”, I never read one book on my Nook, there were too many other bells and whistles, on the Nook, the internet, Facebook, who had time to read on it? Not me. LOL!
A Little Quick Fire:
*When it comes to books*
Good Guys or Bad Guys? I always root for the Good Guys
Fiction or Non-Fiction? I like both
Handwritten or PC typed? Definitely PC Typed. I love to type and for me it’s faster.
Cozy Nook or Outdoors Oasis? Cozy Nook
Happily Ever After or Nail-biter? Nail Biter I love it when a book keeps me turning the page to build up that crescendo, but sometimes I can’t take it, so I occasionally will skip to the back of the book to see what’s going to happen. LOL! Yeah I do that. Hopefully I’ve accomplished that in my book.
Writing or Reading? Reading.
*When it comes to you*
Ice Cream or Cake? Cake for sure, because I love to bake.
Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
Coffee or Tea? I love both, but for my mornings I’m going to need my hazelnut coffee.
Dress Up or Dress Down? I love to dress up if I’m going somewhere, but mostly you will find me dressed down, in jeans and sneakers, I like to be very comfortable.
Barefoot or Shoes? Barefoot for sure, when I get home, I kick off my shoes and walk around barefoot.
Cook or Order Out? Not much for eating out too much, although I do enjoy the occasional restaurant, but still prefer to cook it myself.
Facebook: The Urban Panic
Twitter: The Urban Panic @ The Urban Panic
Goodreads: James Patterson-Kiss The Girls
Additional links: https://plus.google.com/u/0/101700073779096493731/posts